Shrimp Cocktail with Tropical Fruit Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 24 jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 poblano chile, halved and seeded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled papaya
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place poblano chile and jalapeño pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined broiler pan; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and finely chop, and place in a bowl. Add mango, papaya, red onion, cilantro, juice, and salt.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; sauté 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1/2 cup salsa in center of each of 6 small serving plates; arrange 4 shrimp over salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers