Not only was this quick and easy but it got rave reviews at my New Year's Eve party. Everyone wants the recipe. I removed the shrimp tails, marinated for about 6 hours, and then after adding the orange slices and basil placed about a tablespoon in chilled oriental white soup spoons arranged on a platter.
Shrimp and Citrus Cocktail
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 pound peeled, large cooked shrimp with tails (3 1/40 count)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Devein shrimp, if desired.
- 2. Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add shrimp, turning to coat. Seal and chill 3 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain shrimp mixture, and stir in oranges and basil. Spoon mixture into chilled glasses or small serving bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers