- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 baking potatoes (about 6 oz. each), chopped into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 8-oz. bottle clam juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 4-oz. can tiny shrimp, not drained
- Salt and pepper
- calories 240
- fat 8 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 84 mg
- sodium 923 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and sauté for 1 minute.
Stir in potatoes, clam juice, broth and 2 cups of water. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
Stir in half-and-half and shrimp and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.