Terrific flavor. Followed the recipe, but, doubled the shrimp. And since it's hot outside, I cooked this on the grill. Preheated the gas grill for fifteen minutes to high heat. . Put two cast iron pans on to heat. after ten Minutes or so with the lid closed, added the olive oil, and put the mixture in. It did take lOnger than four minutes, probably more like ten. I kept the tomatoes separate, added these towards the end when I was sure the shrimp and chorizo were cooked. Served with avocado to temper the spice, and corn tortillas. It was a good bit of food, but hubby and I ate almost all of it. Very good! Keeper! And I didn't have to heat up my kitchen. Used my own homegrown cherry tomatoes and basil, and some local sweet corn. Love cast iron. This would make a great shrimp taco!
Shrimp, Chorizo, and Corn Salad
Prepping the ingredients takes less than 10 minutes, and dinner is on the table in less than 20.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 16 Minutes
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 583mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 ounces thinly sliced Spanish chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- 12 red grape tomatoes, halved and divided
- 12 yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved and divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup chopped basil, 12 red tomato halves, and 12 yellow tomato halves; toss shrimp mixture gently to combine.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Place about 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 6 tomato halves, and 1 tablespoon chopped basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note