Shrimp Ceviche Salad
This easy salad features shrimp, pickled jalapenos, and chopped jicama.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 2 limes, juiced (reserve rinds)
- 1 pound frozen peeled deveined medium-large shrimp, not thawed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add lime rinds to the boiling water. Add the frozen shrimp and salt, and let the water return just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Drain and discard lime rinds. Rinse shrimp with cold water, and remove tails.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine lime juice, jicama, cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, and garlic. Add shrimp and black pepper. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate up to 4 hours until ready to serve.
- 3. Line 4 plates with romaine lettuce leaves. Divide the salad among the plates and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note