Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 quart(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) salt
- 1 pound(s) raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup(s) cucumber diced, seeded, peeled (1/4 inch dice)
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano chiles seeded and finelyh chopped
- 1 cup(s) diced seeded tomato
- 1 avocado chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) roughly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- Combine water and 1/4 cup salt in a large suacepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Chop the shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add lemon, lime, and orange juice. Stir in cucumber, onion and chiles. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir tomato, avocado, chopped cilantro, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt into the shrimp mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MTN326 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note