Great dish! I halved it for my husband and I. Used wild rice instead of long grain. It's a keeper for us. I'd like to serve it to guests sometime soon!
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined, medium-size raw shrimp (2 1/25 count)
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell pepper, and celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bring 2 cups water to a boil; stir in rice, and cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and next 2 ingredients; sauté 4 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in soup, next 4 ingredients, hot cooked rice, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Note: We tested with Pictsweet Seasoning Blend for frozen diced vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note