I want to say ...wow!! so awesome...added in a few of yalls suggestions, like rotel tomatoes...and instead of rice I used lasagne noodles...and tossed in some corn scraped right off the cobb...i then layered the noodles, cheese, shrimp, chopped mushrooms, rotel tomatoes, then soup mixture...and repeated all the way to the top....it actually stacked about an inch higher than the top of my 13x9...really you are just waiting for the cheese layers to melt--about 30 minutes!! My brother cussed it was so good!! and I used "tiny salad shrimp" to make it more affordable!!! no regrets...a new favorite!! good Lord bless ea of you!! :)
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of shrimp soup, undiluted*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar-colby cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup, shrimp, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. (Do not overcook.)
- 4. Combine shrimp mixture and rice. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- *2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of celery soup, undiluted, may be substituted.
- Chicken-and-Rice Casserole: Substitute 3 cups chopped cooked chicken for shrimp and 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted, for cream of shrimp soup. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note