This tasty appetizer starts with toasted bread, which is topped with a dilweed-cream cheese spread and shrimp.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 30
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 69mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon dry white wine, divided
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 fresh dillweed sprigs
- 6 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup light process cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dillweed
- Fresh dillweed sprigs (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on, if desired. Combine 1/2 cup wine, broth, and 2 dillweed sprigs in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Transfer shrimp and liquid to a bowl. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Cut bread slices into 12 rounds with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Reserve remaining bread pieces for another use. Place bread rounds on a baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Combine cream cheese, minced dillweed, and remaining 1 teaspoon wine. Spread cheese mixture evenly over one side of bread rounds. Remove shrimp from liquid; discard liquid. Place one shrimp on each bread round. Garnish with fresh dillweed sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note