Shrimp Cakes with Carrot Slaw
Photo: Ngoc Minh Ngo
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Sugars: 4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 906mg
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 6 medium radishes, grated
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine the lemon juice, cumin, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the radishes and carrots and toss to combine; set aside.
Pulse the shrimp in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the jalapeño, orange zest, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse to combine.
Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Shape the shrimp mixture into 8 patties and dredge in the flour, tapping off the excess.
Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
Divide the shrimp cakes among individual plates and serve with the carrot slaw, cilantro, and tortilla chips, if desired.
Make Ahead: The uncooked patties can be shaped (but not dredged in the flour), placed on a baking sheet in a single layer, covered, and then refrigerated for up to 24 hours or frozen for up to 3 months. Dredge the patties in the flour before cooking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes