This recipe was absolutely delicious! Even my kids asked for seconds. I made this alone as an easy and light summer dinner, the shrimp made it substantial enough that I felt a side item was not needed. Would recommend this to anyone including those that aren't a fan of ceasar salad. It was a much lighter dressing
Shrimp Caesar Salad
Top romaine lettuce with grated Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, shrimp, croutons, and a homemade Caesar dressing for a satisfying main-dish salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 38.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 261mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 462mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
- To prepare dressing, combine mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine croutons, 2 tablespoons cheese, shrimp, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss well to coat. Top with pine nuts. Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
Precooked shrimp speed up preparation for this classic salad. If you purchase raw shrimp, cook them in boiling water for two minutes or until done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note