Loved it! I used Ritz crackers instead of cornbread crackers because I didn't find them in the grocery store and they were still delicious! They did fall apart a little but not completely. The tartar sauce was the icing on the cake. My husband said he thought they tasted like they were from a seafood restaurant! We will definitely make these again!!!
Shrimp Burgers With Sweet 'n' Spicy Tartar Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cups crushed cornbread crackers (about 1 sleeve or 24 crackers)
- 4 Kaiser rolls with poppy seeds, split
- Sweet 'n' Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Garnish: grilled lemon halves
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Cut each shrimp into thirds.
- 2. Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Stir together egg and next 4 ingredients until blended; stir in celery, green onion, and parsley. Fold in shrimp and cracker crumbs (mixture will be very thick). Shape into 4 (4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick) patties. Place patties on prepared pan. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Transfer to freezer, and freeze 30 minutes.
- 4. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill burgers, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes or until burgers lift easily from cooking grate using a large spatula. Turn burgers, and grill 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and burgers are cooked through and lightly crisp.
- 5. Grill buns, cut sides down, 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on buns with Sweet 'n' Spicy Tartar Sauce and lettuce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Keebler Town House Bistro Corn Bread Crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches