Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) medium shrimp shelled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) vidalia onion grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne
- salt and pepper
- peanut oil
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3/4 cup(s) tartar sauce
- 1. Put shrimp, mayonnaise, onions, worcestershire, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste into a medium bowl and mix well. Shape shrimp mixture into 6 wide, flat patties and put side by side on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 and up to 4 hours.
- 2. Pour oil into a medium wide pot to a depth of 2" and heat over medium heat until hot but not smoking, 350º on a candy thermometer. Meanwhile, put bread crumbs into a dish and carefully dredge patties. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pot, fry patties, turning once, until deep golden and crisp, 3-5 minutes. Transfer patties with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain.
- 3. Serve shrimp burgers with lettuce and tomatoes on tartar sauce-slathered buns, with onion rings on the side, if you like.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes