Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) medium shrimp shelled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) vidalia onion grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne
- salt and pepper
- peanut oil
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs
- iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3/4 cup(s) tartar sauce
- 1. Put shrimp, mayonnaise, onions, worcestershire, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste into a medium bowl and mix well. Shape shrimp mixture into 6 wide, flat patties and put side by side on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 and up to 4 hours.
- 2. Pour oil into a medium wide pot to a depth of 2" and heat over medium heat until hot but not smoking, 350º on a candy thermometer. Meanwhile, put bread crumbs into a dish and carefully dredge patties. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pot, fry patties, turning once, until deep golden and crisp, 3-5 minutes. Transfer patties with a slotted spatula to paper towels to drain.
- 3. Serve shrimp burgers with lettuce and tomatoes on tartar sauce-slathered buns, with onion rings on the side, if you like.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note