Finely chopping the shrimp and chilling the patties for at least 2 hours will help the burgers stay together while cooking.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, cooked
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup cornbread crumbs or soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato slices, tartar sauce
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; finely chop.
- Combine shrimp and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cornbread crumbs and next 5 ingredients, and stir until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties. Place patties on a wax paper-filled baking sheet; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp patties 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches