- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, cooked
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup cornbread crumbs or soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato slices, tartar sauce
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; finely chop.
Combine shrimp and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
Add cornbread crumbs and next 5 ingredients, and stir until well blended.
Shape mixture into 6 patties. Place patties on a wax paper-filled baking sheet; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp patties 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.