Shrimp Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound unpeeled, small fresh shrimp (about 3 dozen)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Combine tomato and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place shrimp on metal skewers. Grill shrimp, with lid closed, over medium-high heat (350º to 400º) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Brush oil mixture over baguette slices. Grill baguette slices 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Place baguette slices on a large platter. Place 1 shrimp on top of each slice; top with tomato mixture, using a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note