Shrimp Bruschetta With Guacamole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 6 Minutes
Broil: 2 Minutes
- 24 unpeeled, uncooked, fresh or frozen large WILD AMERICAN Shrimp
- 1 (16-oz.) French bread baguette
- PAM Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground Cumin
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Manchego cheese
- Garnish: 12 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. If frozen, thaw shrimp according to package directions. Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein. Set aside.
- 2. Cut bread diagonally into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices, discarding ends. Coat both sides with cooking spray, and place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 5 to 6 minutes or until edges are crisp. Reserve bread on pan.
- 4. Peel and coarsely chop avocados, and place in a medium bowl. Add lime juice and next 6 ingredients, and gently combine, being careful to retain small avocado chunks. (Do not mash.) Chill until ready to serve.
- 5. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add shrimp, in batches, and cook 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. (Shrimp should be slightly undercooked.) Remove from pan, and place 2 shrimp on top of each baguette slice on baking sheet. Top each with 1 Tbsp. Manchego cheese.
- 6. Broil 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and top each with 1 to 2 Tbsp. avocado mixture. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note