Shrimp Bruschetta al Limoncello
Bruschetta is a classic appetizer and the shrimp really are the icing on the cake. They’re mixed in a sauce featuring garlic, shallots, lemon juice, and limoncello. The hint of lemon will make this dish truly unforgettable.
- 24 baguette slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup limoncello (lemon liqueur)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: chopped fresh Italian parsley, lemon zest
- Brush baguette slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill or toast bread slices until golden; arrange on a platter. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and shallots in remaining 6 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute or until light golden brown. Add shrimp, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn bright pink. Turn shrimp, and cook 1 additional minute. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add lemon juice and limoncello to skillet; cook over high heat until mixture is reduced by two-thirds, about 2 minutes. Return shrimp to mixture, stirring until shrimp are coated. Remove from heat; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 shrimp with sauce onto each toast. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note