- 24 baguette slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup limoncello (lemon liqueur)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: chopped fresh Italian parsley, lemon zest
How to Make It
Brush baguette slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill or toast bread slices until golden; arrange on a platter. Set aside.
Sauté garlic and shallots in remaining 6 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute or until light golden brown. Add shrimp, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn bright pink. Turn shrimp, and cook 1 additional minute. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
Add lemon juice and limoncello to skillet; cook over high heat until mixture is reduced by two-thirds, about 2 minutes. Return shrimp to mixture, stirring until shrimp are coated. Remove from heat; add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon 1 shrimp with sauce onto each toast. Garnish, if desired.