Fabulous! I sauteed my cleaned, raw shrimp in a bit of butter and made sure not to overcook them. The sauce ingredients create a great mix of sweet and sour tastes and comes together as a wonderful appetizer. My guests loved the flavors. I will definitely make this again.
Bruschetta is quick, easy, and simply delicious, making it a favorite year-round appetizer. In this shrimp bruschetta, sweet shrimp join tomato, garlic, and parsley to create a bright, flavorful topping for garlicky grilled toasts.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 852mg
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (reserve 16 whole for garnish, optional)
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices of French bread
- Mix shrimp, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and parsley. Add oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered and chilled.
- Prepare grill and set rack 6 inches from heat. Lightly brush one side of each piece of bread with oil. Grill bread, oiled side up, for 1 minute. Turn and grill other side until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of shrimp mixture on top of oiled side of each bread slice. Garnish with whole shrimp, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note