- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped (reserve 16 whole for garnish, optional)
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 16 slices of French bread
- calories 201
- fat 7 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- sodium 852 mg
How to Make It
Mix shrimp, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and parsley. Add oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered and chilled.
Prepare grill and set rack 6 inches from heat. Lightly brush one side of each piece of bread with oil. Grill bread, oiled side up, for 1 minute. Turn and grill other side until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of shrimp mixture on top of oiled side of each bread slice. Garnish with whole shrimp, if desired.