I used chicken instead of shrimp, just a preference, and forgot to add the lemon juice, but otherwise made it exactly as written. It's easy and filling. I'd probably give this one 3 1/2 stars because it's tasty, but I don't know how worthy it is of a special occasion it is, as it is a bit dry.
Shrimp, Broccoli, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Pasta
Photo: Beau Gustafson
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 493
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 39.8g
- Carbohydrate: 58.7g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 198mg
- Iron: 7.5mg
- Sodium: 862mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Place tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until tender; drain and chop.
- While tomatoes steep, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Steam broccoli, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Add broth and cream cheese, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, broccoli, and basil; stir well. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, Parmesan cheese, and juice. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes