Needs more brocculi and a little less soy, but overall quiite tasty. Would be good with beef, too!
Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Just a touch of honey adds a slight sweetness that rounds out the flavor in this quick stir-fry. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels before adding them to the wok so they brown nicely. Serve with hot cooked brown rice.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 10.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Combine shrimp and cornstarch in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan; place in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 45 seconds. Add onion mixture to shrimp.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add broccoli; stir-fry 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in shrimp mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and broccoli is crisp-tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note