Pretty easy to put together but DH thought it was bland (except for the garlic). I did use thin whole wheat spaghetti so maybe that was the problem. CL has better shrimp/pasta dishes in our opinion, so I don't know that I'd make this one again.
Shrimp and Broccoli Scampi
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 157mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 219mg
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add broccoli in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from pan.
- 3. Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add butter and oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add stock; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into stock mixture; cook 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, pasta mixture, parsley, rind, juice, and salt; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This