- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice (such as Minute Rice)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- calories 442
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 12.6 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 4 g
- protein 37.5 g
- carbohydrate 45.8 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 215 mg
- iron 7 mg
- sodium 693 mg
- calcium 141 mg
How to Make It
Place 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add rice to pan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Spoon rice into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish; place dish in freezer.
Combine broccoli, bell pepper, and the remaining 1/4 cup water in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp to pan; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Remove rice from freezer.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add rice to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Combine broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir broth mixture into rice. Add shrimp mixture and broccoli mixture to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Sprinkle with almonds and onions.