- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 medium ears)
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 24 baby red potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 24 peeled and deveined, extra-large raw shrimp (1 6/20 count, about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 24 (6-inch) wooden skewers
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 4 minutes. Stir in corn and Creole seasoning, and sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley and vinegar.
Bring Old Bay seasoning and 5 qt. water to a boil, covered, in a large stockpot. Add potatoes, and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add sausage, and cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Drain.
Thread 1 potato, 1 shrimp, and 1 sausage piece onto each skewer. Arrange on serving plates or a long shallow platter. Spoon corn mixture over skewers.