- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (1.5-ounce) bag seafood boil seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed and halved
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch diagonal slices
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- French baguette, lemon wedges, melted butter, and Old Bay seasoning
How to Make It
Bring 4 quarts water and first 7 ingredients to a boil in a 12-quart stockpot. Add potatoes; simmer 15 minutes. Add corn and sausage; simmer 8 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, and turn off heat. Let shrimp sit 10 to 15 minutes to absorb flavor.
Drain liquid, and spread shrimp boil out on a newspaper-covered table. Serve with baguette slices, lemon wedges, melted butter, and Old Bay seasoning.