Shrimp-and-Black Bean Stir-Fry
This tropical pairing of sweet and savory will wake up tired taste buds at the dinner table.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large, raw shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango or pineapple
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup teriyaki baste-and-glaze sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: cilantro leaves
- 1. Stir-fry onion and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- 2. Add corn and 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 3. Pat shrimp dry. Add shrimp, garlic, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add mango and black beans; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Stir in corn-and-onion mixture. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Note: We tested with Kikkoman Original Teriyaki Takumi Collection Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note