- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 flour tortillas (10 in. wide)
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- calories 699
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 49 g
- fat 38 g
- satfat 16 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 1291 mg
- cholesterol 242 mg
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Pour off grease, then add shrimp to pan and cook until pink, about 1 minute, stirring often. Set aside.
Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Set a tortilla in pan and sprinkle half of it with half the bacon, shrimp, cheese, and onions. Fold tortilla over filling and press down gently. Cook, covered, until browned, turning once, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to make second quesadilla.
Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Serve with avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per quesadilla.
For a spicier version, add sliced jalapeño chiles when cooking the shrimp.