Very easy (and fast) to make. A little messy to eat, but maybe because I used the small corn tortillas. Next time, I'll the larger sized tortillas for this recipe. By the way, LOVED the hint about how to heat the corn tortillas in the oven. Worked perfectly. This was really a yummy dish!! A real
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 493
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- 1 dozen fresh 6- or 7-inch corn tortillas
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce
- 1/2 tablespoon corn or vegetable oil
- 1 pound easy-peel medium shrimp, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
- Halve and pit avocados. Score flesh with a knife to make small, diced pieces and then scoop pieces into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from lime quarters, add diced tomatoes and salt and toss mixture gently. Set aside.
- Finely chop onion and put pieces in a small bowl. Slice lettuce into small, thin ribbons and put in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add prepared shrimp and sprinkle chili powder and cumin on top; cook, stirring, until shrimp is pink and curls up, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl. Remove tortillas from oven.
- Serve warm tortillas with shrimp, lettuce, onion, and avocado-tomato mixture in serving dishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note