- 1 dozen fresh 6- or 7-inch corn tortillas
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce
- 1/2 tablespoon corn or vegetable oil
- 1 pound easy-peel medium shrimp, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- calories 493
- fat 21 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 31 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 11 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- sodium 490 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven.
Halve and pit avocados. Score flesh with a knife to make small, diced pieces and then scoop pieces into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from lime quarters, add diced tomatoes and salt and toss mixture gently. Set aside.
Finely chop onion and put pieces in a small bowl. Slice lettuce into small, thin ribbons and put in a separate bowl.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add prepared shrimp and sprinkle chili powder and cumin on top; cook, stirring, until shrimp is pink and curls up, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl. Remove tortillas from oven.
Serve warm tortillas with shrimp, lettuce, onion, and avocado-tomato mixture in serving dishes.