Loved it! Used oranges as I can't have grapefruit. Definitely would make again!
Shrimp, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 48 Minutes
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 17.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 433mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 12 wedges
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Combine grapefruit juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tarragon, brown sugar, and shallots in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add lettuce; toss. Arrange 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 3 avocado wedges; divide shrimp and grapefruit sections evenly among servings.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note