Shrimp and Asparagus Salad
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 291mg
- Calcium: 95mg
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or regular salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 diced peeled avocado
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1. Fill a large pot half-full with water, and bring to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, about 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- 3. When water is boiling, add shrimp and asparagus pieces; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and asparagus is bright green. Drain in a colander, and run cold water over the shrimp and asparagus. When cool, toss the shrimp and asparagus with bell pepper, cucumber, and avocado in mixing bowl. Pour dressing over shrimp-and-vegetable mixture, and toss to coat.
- 4. Divide greens among 4 plates, and top each with 1/4 of the shrimp-and-vegetable mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes