- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or regular salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 diced peeled avocado
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- calories 239
- fat 13 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 9 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 168 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 291 mg
- calcium 95 mg
How to Make It
Fill a large pot half-full with water, and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, about 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
When water is boiling, add shrimp and asparagus pieces; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and asparagus is bright green. Drain in a colander, and run cold water over the shrimp and asparagus. When cool, toss the shrimp and asparagus with bell pepper, cucumber, and avocado in mixing bowl. Pour dressing over shrimp-and-vegetable mixture, and toss to coat.
Divide greens among 4 plates, and top each with 1/4 of the shrimp-and-vegetable mixture.