I made this last night and it was totally tasteless and even a little on the sour side... I pitched this recipe.
Shrimp, Asparagus, and Penne Pasta
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
The homemade pasta sauce in this dish is flavored with garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper, and cooks quickly while the pasta boils. Serve with salad and focaccia wedges.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 738mg
- Calcium: 215mg
- 1 cup uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, onion, garlic, and shrimp; sauté for 5 minutes. Add oregano, pepper, and tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cooked pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note