This was SO delicious! The house smelled like a restaurant when the shrimp was cooking. I had to use romaine lettuce, since the arugula at the market was in bad shape. Also made with Microwave Smashed Potatoes. YUM!
Shrimp and Arugula Salad
The white balsamic won't discolor the shrimp or bright veggies. For something a little sharper, substitute white wine vinegar.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup arugula mixture and 4 shrimp)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 18.5g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 cup (1/4 x 3-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add rosemary, pepper, and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp to pan; sauté for 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and vinegar to pan; cook for 15 seconds. Drizzle warm vinegar mixture over arugula mixture; toss gently to coat. Divide arugula mixture among 4 plates; top with shrimp. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes