This is our annual Fat Tuesday dinner. Terrific recipe with outstanding flavor, even my picky eaters love it!
Shrimp and Andouille Sausage With Asiago Grits
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, diced
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Asiago Grits
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp and sausage mixture from skillet.
- Add cream, broth, and wine to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in shrimp and sausage mixture. Serve over Asiago Grits. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This