- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, diced
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Asiago Grits
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp and sausage mixture from skillet.
Add cream, broth, and wine to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in shrimp and sausage mixture. Serve over Asiago Grits. Garnish, if desired.