- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces Andouille sausage, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, chopped (do not thaw)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup panko
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Dippers: breadsticks, veggie strips, crackers, or sliced baguette
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and celery; sauté 3 minutes. Add onions, okra, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add shrimp and Creole seasoning; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream cheese; stir until cheese melts. Stir in Asiago. Cook 3 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
Combine butter and panko; toss to coat. Sprinkle over dip. Broil 1 minute or until topping is browned. Garnish, if desired; serve with desired dippers.