More From Southern Living
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tasso ham*
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Devein shrimp, if desired. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle barbecue seasoning evenly over shrimp.
- 2. Sauté shrimp in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add tasso ham, and sauté 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Whisk in chicken broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Stir in shrimp and parsley.
- *Smoked ham or hot smoked sausage may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Barbecue Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note