Very good heathy recepe.
Shrimp-and-Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 15.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40.4g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Place 2 cups cooked rice in a large bowl; set aside. Refrigerate remaining rice in an airtight container for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut tops off tomatoes, and reserve. Carefully scoop out tomato pulp, leaving shells intact; reserve 1/2 cup pulp. Discard remaining pulp.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved 1/2 cup tomato pulp; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add onion mixture, cheese, and next 5 ingredients (cheese through shrimp) to 2 cups rice.
- Place tomato shells in an 8-inch square baking dish. Divide rice mixture evenly among tomato shells; replace tomato tops. Add hot water to baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and rice mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes