Fontina cheese works well in this calzone, but you can also use Swiss, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella. Serve this with a side of broccoli or a tossed green salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 calzone)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 408
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Carbohydrate: 53.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 ounce diced prosciutto or ham
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- All-purpose Pizza Dough
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide the prepared dough evenly into 6 equal portions on a lightly floured surface; shape each piece into a ball. Roll each ball into a 6-inch circle. Combine egg and water with a whisk in a small bowl. Brush edge of each circle with egg mixture; reserve remaining egg mixture.
- Place 1/6 of shrimp mixture on half of each circle. Fold the dough over shrimp mixture until edges almost meet. Bring the bottom edge over top edge; crimp edges of the dough with fingers to form a rim. Place calzones on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush tops with the reserved egg mixture. Bake calzones at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes