It goes together very quickly, but the flavor is a little "eh". Good for a quick weeknight. Needs more flavor...pasta? The shrimp is a nice change from our usual, though
More From Southern Living
- 2 poblano chile peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (16-oz.) cans navy beans, undrained
- 4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1. Sauté diced chile peppers in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Stir in navy beans and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in peeled shrimp, and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. (See "Toppings for Chili" below.)
- Toppings for Chili: Good choices to add to your bowl include sour cream, salsa, diced plum tomatoes (they have a meatier texture and are easy to find in winter), shredded lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese, diced onion, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, chopped avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers, cornbread croutons, and tortilla chips.
- Note: Just before serving Shrimp-and-Poblano Chili, add a splash of flavor to each bowl with fresh lime juice and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes