Shrimp and Mango Ceviche
This fully cooked, brightly flavored ceviche is good enough to eat all by itself, piled into bowls over shredded lettuce and served as an appetizer or light lunch. But don't hesitate to scoop it up with tortilla chips. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3019.
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) (about 30) medium peeled-and-deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded (if desired) and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- Bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- Chop shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, lime juice, cilantro, mango, tomato, jalapeño and salt and toss well. Cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note