Shrimp and Herb Risotto
To make it vegetarian, swap vegetable broth for the chicken broth and stir in some roasted vegetables, such as mushrooms or cherry tomatoes, in place of the shrimp.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter divided
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped, plus more for serving
- 1. In a 6 quart pressure cooker, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add 3 cups broth and season with salt. Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook until rice is tender, about 10 minutes (adjust heat to maintain pressure).
- 2. Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove lid. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth and shrimp and cook over medium until shrimp are opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, herbs and remaining tablespoon butter. Serve topped with additional herbs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Herb Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes