Shrimp-and-Grits Eggs Benedict
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs, poached
- Creamy Shrimp Sauce
- Garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 5 cups water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in grits. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in pepper and cheese; spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Combine asparagus and water to cover in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Cut grits into 8 (3- x 3-inch) squares. Lightly dredge in flour. Melt butter with oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook grits squares, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top each square with asparagus, poached egg, and Creamy Shrimp Sauce. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note