Shrimp and Grits
Recipe from Harris Teeter’s Fresh Catch Newsletter Shrimp is the number one consumed seafood in America. Worldwide the average amount of shrimp produced is five billion pounds, and America consumes one billion pounds of that shrimp. The number of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids found in shrimp is .27% in every 3oz serving.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 pound(s) fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 6-inch slice(s) thick bacon, chopped, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch(es) green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) pepper jack cheese
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1. Cook grits according to directions and set aside keeping warm.
- 2. In a large nonstick sauté pan, bring olive oil to medium high heat. Add cooked bacon, garlic, shallots, red pepper and shrimp.
- 3. Sauté and toss frequently for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add beef broth and heavy cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add pepper jack cheese and hot sauce to taste until combined and cheese starts to melt.
- 6. Serve over the warm grits in a bowl.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note