Shrimp and Creamy Spinach Feta Rice
Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter Precook the shrimp with the heads on, then head, peel and devein.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh head-on shrimp
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) julienne strips red bell pepper
- 1 6-ounce package(s) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 cup(s) hot cooked medium or long grain white rice
- 1 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese with basil & tomato (or plain)
- Toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Add raisins and bell pepper; sauté 1 minute.
- 3. Add spinach, salt and pepper; toss until spinach is just wilted.
- 4. Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds.
- 5. Add hot rice and feta cheese.
- 6. Toss all ingredients until heated through and cheese is soft and creamy.
- Top with toasted nuts, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note