Shrimp and crab Au Gratin
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 whole(s) lemon juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 pound(s) small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound(s) real crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Melt butter in heavy bottomed saucepan over very low heat. When the buttter is melted, stir in flour with wooden spoon. Cook about 1 minute over low heat, stirring constantly.slowly add the milk. Using a whisk, stir briskly until you have a smooth sauce, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and cayenne and whisk again. Switch to the wooden spoon and keep stirring the white sauce until it's completely smooth and thickened, about the consistency of mayo. Remove from heat. Bring 2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the shrimp. When water returns to a boil, cook shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediatly. Roughly chop the shrimp and put in a large mixing bowl. Add the crabmeat and, with your hands, toss gently into mix. Pour the sauce over seafood. with a large spoon, gently combine, taking care not to break apart the crabmeat. spray an 8 inch square disposable aluminum foil pan with cooking spray. pour mixture into the pan completely cover the top with cheese and bake at 350 for 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by chrisklus and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and crab Au Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes