Shrimp and Corn Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) (1 lb) corn undrained
- 1 can(s) (1 lb) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock (may add more if needed)
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced parsley
- 5 tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 shallots chopped
- 2 pound(s) shrimp, peeled
- 2 dash(es) hot sauce
- Make a roux with the oil and flour. When golden brown, add the onions. Saute slowly for 10 minutes, then add bell pepper, shallots, shrimp, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and Tabasco. Simmer 5 more minutes, then add the tomatoes, corn, and stock. Simmer 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SuperMommy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Corn Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews